BASIC DESIGN REQUIREMENTS FOR CONTROLLED ENVIRONMENTS
order to design a controlled environment that will conform to the ISA
Standard 71.04-2013, there are specific mechanical design requirements
- Complete Sealing of the Protected Space
- Room Air Pressurization
- Room Air Recirculation
- Humidity Control
- Temperature Control
ODOR CONTROL EQUIPMENT
Biological Air Treater (BAT)
- The Biological Air Treater (BAT) provides superior hydrogen sulfide gas (H2S) and Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) removal for municipal and industrial applications. Under high concentrations, the BAT is the most economical and convenient solution. Our patented media blend for the BAT allows for our standard equipment to achieve up to 99% removal when paired with a dry scrubber.
Deep Bed Scrubber for Odor Control (DBS)
- The Purafil Deep Bed Scrubber (DBS) is a highly effective, bulk media scrubber designed for controlled environments with medium-to-high contaminant gas levels. The DBS remedies the gases’ corrosive effects and meets stringent air quality standards set by the International Society of Automation (ISA). It is ideal for refineries, steel mills, smelters, chemical plants, petrochemical plants, and other hostile environments. It also functions, if needed, as a shelter-in-place application to protect employees.
Manhole Scrubber (MOLE)
Parallel Bed Scrubber (PBS)
The Purafil Parallel Bed Scrubber is a large, bulk media scrubber that removes high concentrations of target gases with very high horizontal air flow in municipal and industrial markets. This equipment is indicated for different applications such as screening rooms, headworks, large pump stations, refineries, and petrochemical plants. It is also used to polish the biofilter discharge air.
- Purafil’s multistage, Biological Air Treater 400, combines synthetic media and chemical media in the equipment to provide 99.5% removal of hydrogen sulfide and 95% overall odor control. Skid-mounted for easy delivery and installation, the PB-400 is a basic package for low air flow and low contaminant levels. It is designed to run continually and requires regular feeding of nutrients through the tank port.
Tub Scrubber for Odor Control (TS)
- The TS provides clean air in controlled environments housing sensitive electronics. With a three-foot media bed depth.
Vent scrubber (VENT)
Vessel Scrubber (VS)
- The Vessel Scrubber is used at large headworks, full treatment plants and large digesters. It is sized for airflows from 8,000 to 20,000 cfm (13,592 to 33,980 m3/hr).
WWT Drum Scrubber (DS)
- The WWT Drum Scrubber (DS) is engineered to remove odorous gases generated at pump stations, lift stations, wet wells and similar wastewater treatment areas where odor control is desirable. Recommended for low-level applications, the DS offers complete odor control by using a combination of medias. Quiet operation and no maintenance ensures maximum flexibility and performance.
minimizes these complexities with a program that allows an engineer or
building manager to reduce outdoor air without compromising indoor air
quality. Enersave provides superior Purafil air filtration products,
along with the documentation and ongoing verification reports necessary
to assure compliance with ASHRAE 62'S IAQ Procedure.
not just for new construction. With Enersave, existing buildings can
start saving energy TODAY. And, if your building is undergoing a rework
due to increased occupancy requirements or chiller upgrades, use
Enersave to save on energy and capital costs by reducing your building's
overall outdoor air requirements.